Head Brewer Position - Job Posting
Trademark Brewing® is seeking an experienced Brewer for our production brewery and tap room, located in Long Beach, California. Established Professional Brewers with commercial experience should apply. 3 years (minimum) professional experience is required, and preference will be given to those with formal training.
Our award-winning brewery is located at the top of Downtown Long Beach, and features a large taproom with an expansive outdoor beer garden and lots of personal interaction with our customers and fans. We’ve invested in the neighborhood and excited to grow our team.
Our Beerfolio is broken into three primary categories: everything hoppy, continental (German, UK, French, Belgian, etc), and a touch of barrel aged. This is an opportunity to create a broad array of beers and grow with us in a collaborative environment with lots of creative freedom to experiment. We have invested in high end equipment, including a mash filter equipped 17bbl brewhouse and 240bbl of unitanks in the cellar. We prefer to work smarter, not harder, while creating amazing beer with a focus on quality, consistency, and innovation.
- 3 years professional brewing experience
- Excellent sensory abilities and recipe development skills
- Grain to glass brewery experience
- Packaging experience with cans, bottles and kegs
- Experience with reverse osmosis and custom water profiles
- Laboratory / QC experience preferred
- Formal training / education preferred
- Loads of common sense and self-motivation
- Excellent detail-oriented communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of industry standards and trends
- Collaborative recipe development
- Brewing and beer production
- Yeast management
- Sanitation, sanitation, sanitation
- Cellar and packaging management
- Inventory management
- Beer-centric education and sensory training for staff and customers
- Coordinating the beer production with our promotional calendar
- Representing TMb at festival and events, and promoting our brand
- Positive and professional image, maintains energetic attitude with self, guests and team
- Lift, move, pull, or carry 55lbs and move (160lb+) heavy objects, using appropriate techniques and tools
- Stand for 8-12 hours/day
- Ability to twist turn, reach, bend, stoop, kneel, climb as required
- Work in hot or cold, inside or outside environment for extended periods
This a growing brewery and we all wear a lot of hats. We work hard, make beer we’re proud of, and further the Long Beach and greater LA beer scene. This could be your opportunity to help steer a big ship and step up to a leadership role in a production brewery with endless ambition, determination and drive. That means you'll need to highly motivated brewer with long-term goals, a team player, have a willingness to work outside your primary job description, communicate clearly, work efficiently without supervision, and have an endless passion for craft beer and a desire to put Trademark Brewing on the map.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Your cover letter should describe why you’re ready for this opportunity, and what you plan to bring to Trademark Brewing. Please include all relevant work history in your resume, including details about any formal training, and be sure to include professional and personal references.