Taproom Beertender - Job Posting
Trademark Brewing® is seeking a Beertender for our production brewery and tap room, located in Long Beach, California.
The 19,500 sq/ft facility is located at the top of Downtown Long Beach in an up and coming area with lots of redevelopment. The 3,000 sq/ft tasting room faces a major thoroughfare and a large outdoor patio on a private courtyard. We’re just 300’ from light rail and public transit, and we expect a bustling tap room. We investing in the neighborhood with and excited to have the right individuals come join the team.
Our Beerfolio is broken into three primary categories: everything hoppy, continental (German, UK, French, Belgian, etc), and barrel aged (big beers, sours and funk). We prefer to work smarter, not harder, while creating amazing beer with a focus on quality, consistency and innovation.
- Must be 21 years of age or older at the time of application
- Minimum of one year of hospitality customer service experience
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays as required
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality
- Ability to multitask and work at a fast pace
- High School diploma
- Pass a post-offer background check
- Greet and Engage guests with warm hospitality
- Anticipate and respond to guests needs
- Ability to think quick on their feet and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Assist guests by offering guidance, recommendations and education on our tap list
- Perform transactions through our POS System
- Maintain responsibility for cash drawers, counting and reporting while on shift
- Uphold procedures for cash handling/banks
- Check identification of guests to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol.
- Interact and handle a guest who has had too much alcohol in a positive and safe manner
- Effectively communicate with guests and team members
- Move and re-stock kegs
- Maintain clean and organized bar area per standards; lift and empty bus tubs, clean glassware, pre and post hours cleaning, mopping, removal of bar floor mats
- Clean restrooms
- Perform Opening, ongoing, and Closing side duties according to TMb Procedures
- Report and Record any equipment failures and/or safety hazards
- Can do attitude and a desire to learn
- Has a good sense of urgency
- A team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and can stay calm under pressure
- Other tasks as needed
- Representing TMb at festival and events, and promoting our brand
- Provide Tours of TMb
- Positive and professional image, maintains energetic attitude with self, guests and team
- Lift, move, pull, or carry 55lbs and move (160lb+) heavy objects, using appropriate techniques and tools
- Stand for 8-12 hours/day
- Ability to twist turn, reach, bend, stoop, kneel, climb as required
- Work in hot or cold, inside or outside environment for extended periods
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should describe your introduction and love for craft beer, and what you plan to bring to Trademark Brewing. Please include all relevant work history in your resume, including details about any formal training, and be sure to include professional and personal references.